‘Forcibly injected’: Nitin Deshmukh explains how he was ‘kidnapped’ | Latest India News

On Wednesday, Nitin Deshmukh flew to Guwahati where the Eknath Shinde rebel camp is located, but he stayed at the airport for four to five hours and then flew to Nagpur where he made sensational claims according to which he was abducted by police in Surat after midnight on Monday.

Shiv Sena MLA Nitin Deshmukh dramatically surfaced at Nagpur airport on Wednesday with a sensational claim that he was not only ‘kidnapped’ but was also admitted to a hospital in Surat with a false claim according to which he had suffered a heart attack – all to keep him in the rebel camp of Eknath Shinde. Follow live updates from the Maharashtra crisis

“I left the hotel at midnight. I was still on the road at 3 a.m. I didn’t have a van. I was followed by 100 to 150 police officers who dragged me and dragged me admitted to the hospital saying that I had a heart attack.. They wanted to operate on me, to harm me under the pretext that I had a heart attack. But by the grace of God, I am well and I I didn’t suffer a heart attack,” Nitin Deshmukh said detailing the drama that apparently unfolded after midnight. in Surat on Monday. Upon his arrival in Maharashtra, Deshmukh said he supported Uddhav Thackeray.

Maha crisis: Rebel Shinde says 46 MPs with them, warns ‘number will rise’

But how did he reach Surat in the first place? Nitin Deshmukh said he accompanied Shinde to Surat as he knew nothing about the rebellion. He went to Surat with Shinde considering him a colleague. But according to him, when he learned of the rebellion plot, he began to protest. But he could not escape from the hotel where all the deputies were entrenched. After the midnight drama, he was dragged to a hospital where he was forcibly given injections, Nitin Deshmukh said.

It is not yet clear what happened after he was admitted to hospital and what happened on Tuesday as Deshmukh reportedly flew to Guwahati on Wednesday where rebel MPs are cooling off, for now.

Deshmukh’s wife had said her husband had become unreachable since Monday night while Sanjay Raut claimed that Nitin Deshmukh had been “kidnapped” from Mumbai and beaten by Gujarat police when he tried to flee on Monday night.

Nitin Deshmukh went to Guwahati on Wednesday but not with Shinde and the other MPs. Deshmukh stayed at Lokapriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport in Guwahati for a few hours and then, together with five Shiv Sena activists, left for Nagpur on another chartered plane.


    Follow the latest breaking news and developments from India and around the world with the Hindustan Times Press Office. From politics and politics to economics and the environment, from local issues to national events and global affairs, we’ve got you covered.
    …See the details

Close story