Guardian minister gives big hint amid rise in Covid cases

Maharashtra lockdown news today: Amid rising coronavirus cases in the state, Mumbai City Custodian Minister Aslam Shaikh said on Saturday that the state would impose another lockdown if COVID cases continue to rise and exceed the thousand in the state.Also Read – Four cases of BA 4 COVID sub-variant, three BA 5 variant cases detected in Maharashtra for the first time

“Given the rate at which patients are growing, restrictions will have to be put in place. Airline restrictions are still in place. If people are not careful, the possibility of sanctions cannot be ruled out,” said Aslam Shaikh, quoted by the Free Press Journal. Also Read – Breaking News LIVE: Maharashtra reports 529 new COVID cases, 325 recoveries in past 24 hours

However, he claimed that the state government is closely monitoring the situation and will appeal the restrictions with the current situation in mind. Also Read – ‘Viagra at Discounted Prices’: How a Fake Call Center in Maharashtra Scammed US Nationals

On the other hand, the BMC also warned of an impending fourth wave and announced that all Jumbo COVID facilities will be functional until at least September in Mumbai with the increasing number of COVID cases.

Speaking to the FPJ, GP Dr Akhtar Hussain said the danger of COVID is far from over and the pandemic is looming around the corner and therefore people need to remain vigilant and exercise caution. . He also said that a preventive booster dose is important and cannot be avoided.

According to data from the public health department, only 70% of Maharashtra’s 100 million people eligible for vaccination have so far received both doses of the vaccine and the remaining 30% of people are yet to receive a second one. dose of the vaccine.

Earlier this week, Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray had urged the people of the state not to let their guard down and said all should use masks and maintain COVID-appropriate behavior.

It should be noted that Maharashtra has been under COVID lockdown twice with the first lockdown imposed in March 2020 when the pandemic broke out in India followed by a second lockdown in 2021 during the second deadly wave.

Corona cases: On Saturday, Maharashtra reported 529 new cases of coronavirus infection but no virus-related deaths were recorded. The number of infections in the state rose to 78,85,394, while the death toll remained unchanged at 1,47,858. The state had recorded 536 new cases and zero deaths the previous day.

Mumbai reported 330 new cases, followed by neighboring Thane with 38, Pune with 32 and Navi Mumbai with 31 cases. The Mumbai circle, which includes neighboring satellite cities and municipalities, has reported 448 cases of COVID-19, while the Pune circle has recorded 64 infections.