LOS ANGELES – Justin Bieber has dropped his lawsuit against two women he sued for defamation after accusing him of sexual assault in social media posts.
Lawyers for the pop star filed court documents with Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Terry A. Green on Friday asking that the case the “Prince of Pop” is bringing in June 2020 against Khadidja Djibrine Khadi and the second woman, identified only as Danielle, be rejected. .
Court documents did not indicate whether a settlement had been reached. Lawyers told the judge on February 23 that the case at that time had not been resolved after the parties mediated.
Regarding Danielle, court documents said her “identity and whereabouts (are) currently unknown, and no attorney has appeared on her behalf.”
Danielle claimed she was assaulted by the 28-year-old Canadian singer at a hotel in Austin, Texas in March 2014. She claims that after a surprise performance in front of a crowd at a bar, Bieber invited her and two friends to a hotel, where she claims he took her to a private room and attacked her.
Get your best stories delivered daily! Sign up for FOX 11 Fast 5 Newsletter. And get news alerts in the FOX 11 News app. Download for iOS or Android.
Bieber’s attorneys argued that both claims could be refuted by eyewitnesses who knew Bieber’s whereabouts on those days and by photographic images obtained by paparazzi.
Bieber has been married to 25-year-old model Hailey Baldwin since 2018.
At a previous hearing, the judge admitted he didn’t know Bieber.
“I was told he was a movie star or something,” Green said. “I couldn’t choose him in a formation.”
Tune in to FOX 11 Los Angeles for the latest news from Southern California.